Junior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job SummaryThe Junior Manufacturing Engineer will be the teams
major point of contact on specifications and contracts. This role
is responsible for translating customer technical data into a
method of manufacturing and process operational instructions and
procedures for production of customer designed parts. The Junior
Manufacturing Engineer will have an understanding of the timely
success of programs and how they require coordination between
customer service, procurement, engineering, and the production
functions. This role will also develop new advanced manufacturing
process through research of new equipment, methodologies, work
holding and latest cutting tools. Duties/Responsibilities
- Read and interpret Aerospace, Military, and Commercial
specifications for material properties, specialty finishes,
coatings and heat-treatments, geometric tolerances (GD&T),
critical to quality features, and testing requirements.
- Understand engineering change management (ECO/ECR/ECN),
control, documentation, and implementation.
- Work with multiple sources of manufacturing and design data
(ERP, CAD, CAM, CNC, FAI, etc.).
- Ensures engineering data adheres internal and external
standards and checks the work of others for compliance.
- Knowledge of process cost, and costs components - labor,
material, set-up, machine, inspection, etc.
- Release fully completed Engineering Orders that aligns all
master data and schedules to latest revisions creating a digital
product routing to design, produce, inspect, and ship the
customer's product on time, on cost, and on quality.
- Conduct research through webinars, journals, periodicals,
tradeshows, and apply lessons learn to the business.
- Train and educate team members, sharing knowledge.
- Identify inefficiencies in a process, using leans tools to
improve a process. Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering, industrial
engineering, or mechanical engineering required. Associates degree
with relevant experience, or Certified Manufacturing Engineering
through Society of Manufacturing Engineers may also be
- Experience and exposure to SolidWorks; Certified SolidWorks
- Design and drafting according to ASME Y14 standards.
- Familiarity with AS9100, Nadcap and ITAR/EAR compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to create 3D models, 2D drawings and
supporting digital technical data following industry best
- 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment, with a
progressive career of increased responsibilities in area of
machining and contract manufacturing.
- Proficient with database tools for file management, and
information technology tools for data collection and analysis such
as an ERP, MRP or PDM systems
- EPCIOR ERP Software desirable.
- PDM system knowledge such as SolidWorks EPDM, Windchill,
Teamcenter, or another similar platform a plus.
- Expertise in CNC machining - Swiss screw, turning, multi-axis
milling, and grinding - preferably with the manufacturing of
advanced aerospace alloys and precision tolerances.
- Proficient in MS Office tools, especially excel
- Strong communicator
- Excellent organization skills of projects and teams, with keen
attention to detail. PI197078618
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , Junior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!