HSE ESTO Design Engineer
Company: Raytheon Technologies
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flightdesigning, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
were seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious. In
addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also
transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser
focused on offering flexibility to our employees. Weve introduced
role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job
posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our
blended work environment.
- Please consider the following role type definitions as you
apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work
primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance
workers, as they are essential to the development of our
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work
regularly both onsite and offsite.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work
primarily offsite (from home).Come ready to explore and youll find
a place where your talent takes flightbeyond the borders of title,
a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment
and well welcome you into a tight knit team that takes our mission
personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an
organization and an industry thats evolving fast to the
future.Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just
look up.Are you ready to go beyond? *Note: Hybrid and remote roles
at many of our sites are currently working from home because of
COVID-19 protocols. Candidates will learn more about role type and
current site status throughout the recruiting process.Pratt &
Whitney Hot Section Engineering Support to Operations (HSE ESTO) is
seeking a goal oriented, detail-focused Design Engineer. Final
determination on assigned hardware and program will be based on
candidates experience, possible opportunities include: Military
Rotors & Shafts, Commercial Rotors & Shafts.Key
Responsibilities:Phase 1 Reactive
- Coordinate and lead teams to meet task technical and schedule
- Opportunity to grow communication and leadership skills
- Driving outsource teams Quality Notes (QN) workflow
- Managing outsource technical quality
- Growing outsource technical proficiency
- Opportunity for increased visibility within Component
Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs) by being main point of contact for
all QN activity.
- Determine path to improve discipline health and personal
proficiency end goal become CIPT delegate Approver.
- Grow experience by supporting 502 and 701 task closure (5
- Support Stop Delivery Order (SDO) investigations and rapid
- Establish best practices for structures decision making.
Promote Right-size Analysis through risk-based decision
- Look for opportunities for improvement in process, procedures.
Challenge the status quo the way we do business. Look for something
better.Phase 2 - Proactive
- Identify areas of waste time or money within production support
- Eliminate repeat analysis through proactively addressing repeat
- Coordinate efforts to process Class II Engineering Changes
(ECs) to allow expansion of drawing requirements to proven
structural capability- reducing needs for QNs to be submitted in
the 1st place.
- Initiate steps towards automation efforts within structural
analysis process and documentation to save time and increase
- Continue to challenge current process and procedures the way we
do business to identify areas for improvement.
- Enable and drive outsource responsible parties path towards
- Capture ESTO producibility lessons learned. Drive continuous
improvement into product development cycle.
- Incorporate Pro-Cert methodology and data driven decision
making into Class II process.
- Opportunity to work cross functional teams (quality, supplier,
design, structures etc) to drive to heart of producibility issues
or quality initiatives. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or
equivalent experience and 2+ years prior relevant engineering
- Work schedule: Hybrid, working alternately in-office and
remotely, but would consider working remote.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.Preferred
- Advanced Engineering degree
- Experience working in the Aerospace Industry in a manufacturing
- Working proficiency with MS Office, TeamCenter, SAP, NX
- The ability to craft clear communication and build positive
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness.Raytheon
Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.Raytheon Technologies is An
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies, East Hartford , HSE ESTO Design Engineer, Engineering , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!