Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Summary The Senior Engineer will be the teams subject matter
expert (SME) on specifications and contracts. This role is
responsible for translating customer technical data into a method
of manufacturing and process operational instructions and
procedures for production of customer designed parts. The Senior
Engineer will function as a team leader and project coordinator
with an understanding of the timely success of programs and how
they require coordination between customer service, procurement,
engineering, and the production functions. This role will also
develop new advanced manufacturing process through research of new
equipment, methodologies, work holding and latest cutting tools.
- Read and interpret Aerospace, Military, and Commercial
specifications for material properties, specialty finishes,
coatings and heat-treatments, geometric tolerances (GD&T),
critical to quality features, and testing requirements.
- Understand engineering change management (ECO/ECR/ECN),
control, documentation, and implementation.
- Work with multiple sources of manufacturing and design data
(ERP, CAD, CAM, CNC, FAI, etc.).
- Ensures engineering data adheres internal and external
standards and checks the work of others for compliance.
- Knowledge of process cost, and costs components - labor,
material, set-up, machine, inspection, etc.
- Release fully completed Engineering Orders that aligns all
master data and schedules to latest revisions creating a digital
product routing to design, produce, inspect, and ship the
customer's product on time, on cost, and on quality.
- Conduct research through webinars, journals, periodicals,
tradeshows, and apply lessons learn to the business.
- Train and educate team members, sharing knowledge.
- Identify inefficiencies in a process, using leans tools to
improve a process. Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering, industrial
engineering, or mechanical engineering required. Associates degree
with relevant experience, or Certified Manufacturing Engineering
through Society of Manufacturing Engineers may also be
- Subject matter expert in SolidWorks; Certified SolidWorks
- Design and drafting according to ASME Y14 standards.
- Familiarity with AS9100, Nadcap and ITAR/EAR compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to create 3D models, 2D drawings and
supporting digital technical data following industry best
- At least 7 years' experience in a manufacturing environment,
with a progressive career of increased responsibilities in area of
machining and contract manufacturing.
- Proficient with database tools for file management, and
information technology tools for data collection and analysis such
as an ERP, MRP or PDM systems
- EPCIOR ERP Software desirable.
- PDM system knowledge such as SolidWorks EPDM, Windchill,
Teamcenter, or another similar platform a plus.
- Expertise in CNC machining - Swiss screw, turning, multi-axis
milling, and grinding - preferably with the manufacturing of
advanced aerospace alloys and precision tolerances.
- Proficient in MS Office tools, especially excel
- Strong communicator
- Excellent organization skills of projects and teams, with keen
attention to detail. PI185792364
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , Senior Engineer, Engineering , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!