Apprentice Mechanic - CREC Schools
Company: First Student
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: August 3, 2022
First Student is now hiring an Apprentice Mechanic for our shop
serving CREC Schools! First things First: Who are we? Twice the
size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading
school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every
day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers
than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained
drivers and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student
delivers reliable, quality services including full-service
transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route
optimization, and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for
1,100 school district contracts. Benefits We offer competitive
compensation and benefits including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
- $23.75 per hour
- Monday-Friday shift 10 am to 6:30 pm
- Annual allowances for tools and boots
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment! As an Apprentice Mechanic, you will
learn to service and repair school buses for CREC Schools in
- Assist Journeyman Technicians with preventative maintenance
(PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical
repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmission clutches, and other repairs under direct
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor
approval where required.
- Assist with emergency services as necessary. Apprentice
- Valid driver's license required
- Technical school education or work experience in auto or diesel
- Basic hand tools will be required.
- Good computer skills.
- Subject to a drug test Apply today and get your career on the
road with First Student! We aspire to have a culture where all
people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse
workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Student, East Hartford , Apprentice Mechanic - CREC Schools, Engineering , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!