Quality Engineer (NPI)
Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Job Summary:This role is key member of New Product Introduction
team, with a focus quality engineering. Key responsibilities
include the support of interpretation of customer requirements,
critical characteristics and the development of control plans that
ensure consistent delivery of high-quality components to our
customers.Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Review customer drawing, specifications, and key
characteristics that will need to be monitor, controlled, and
documented though the life cycle of the manufacturing process.
- Conduct Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) techniques to
develop part qualification process and procedures that align with
the validation and verification methods of the customer
- Manage customer Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), using
any required techniques such as process mapping, control plans,
gage R&R, process failure mode & effects analysis (PFMEA),
measurement system analysis (MSA), statistical process controls
(SPC), first article inspection (FAI), part submission warrants,
- Audit and peer review internal documents and data such, design
drawings, operation sheets, process procedures, test procedures,
procurement documents, quality manuals, and inspection analyses to
ensure that quality requirements are met.
- Lead interface with customers to resolve customer issues and
returns, partnering with customer service teams. Responds to
customer Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and drive root cause
analysis (RCA) with structure and proven techniques such as 5-Why,
Cause & Effect analysis, etc.
- Maintains quality documentation as required to assure
compliance with all internal and external regulations and
- Investigate and research latest new metrology, inspection
methods, and technology.Requirements:
- Degreed engineer or equivalent quality engineering experience
through a progressive career quality control or quality assurance
teams in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret quality management systems,
industry compliance specifications, and other customer or
regulatory requirements such as AS9100C, ISO9001:2008, ASQR-01,
AS13100, MIL standards, etc.
- Must be able to read and interpret customer drawings and
specifications, with a strong knowledge blueprint reading and
GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
- Strong working knowledge of APQP techniques and tools such as
control plans, PFMEAs, PPAP, SPC, MSA, gage R&R, etc.
- Skilled in RCCA processes and techniques such as 8D.
- Advance computer skills to collect, analyze and interpret
technical data that drive decision making and create concise
professional reports to management and customers.
- High comfort level working with databases, manufacturing
software systems (ERP/MRP) and customer portals.Physical
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull up to 25 lbs. PI181389991
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , Quality Engineer (NPI), Engineering , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!