Manufacturing Cost Engineer
Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 12, 2022
The Manufacturing Cost Engineer is responsible for translating
customer technical data into a method of manufacturing and process
operational instructions and procedures for production of customer
designed parts. Secondary objective is to perform cost estimating
of new and repeat business, including bid packages containing a
portfolio of parts. Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Utilize knowledge of various CNC machining processes,
manufacturing methods, engineering practices, materials, and
specialty processes to develop best manufacturing practices.
- Develop 3D CAD models and prints outlining the sequence of
operations and work instructions for manufacturing processes
according to customer specifications and contracts, reflecting how
the job was quoted.
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM) and Methods of Manufacture (MOM)
work travelers and job routings in the manufacturing software
- Estimate manufacturing costs, evaluating labor and material
standards for set-up and run-times. Make data driven
recommendations for process improvements or cost estimating of new
products and services.
- Analyze job variances and trends; make corrections to job
estimate process, yielding improved margins on repeat work
- Conduct time studies for productivity where applicable.
- Research suppliers for raw material and special process (heat
treatment, coatings, testing, etc.), adhering to customer
specifications. Keen attention to batch sizes and min lot
- Support shop floor, leveraging lean principles, recommend
process procedures and modifications to improve production
efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for
new and repeat parts.
- Stay abreast of the latest manufacturing techniques. Research
appropriate tool/work holing, and latest inserts that improve
precision and reduce production costs.
- Assist other functions as needed.Requirements:
- BS in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering; or
equivalent work experience
- 5 + years of manufacturing experience, with an understanding of
developing a manufacturing process of machined components.
- Aerospace or precision CNC machining experience (Swiss screw,
turning, multi-axis milling, and grinding)
- 3D modeling experience; SolidWorks preferred
- Experience with ERP manufacturing software, EPCIOR is a
- Strong data driven mindset - analyze process, job cost, and
engineering data to drive decision regarding manufacturing set-up,
run time and optimal lot sizes.
- Understand and apply lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong PC skills., including presenting and analyze technical
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Ability to walk long distances across the
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , Manufacturing Cost Engineer, Engineering , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!