SolidWorks Design Engineer
Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: May 14, 2022
This role is responsible for the 3D modeling and design data
needed to manufacture customer specified parts. Major Areas of
- Translate customer requirements into a method of
- Determine the best manufacturing techniques to manufacture,
adhering to customer specifications and tolerances
- Develop 3D CAD models and prints outlining the sequence of
operations and work instructions for manufacturing processes
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM) and Methods of Manufacture (MOM)
- mirror design data in both the SolidWorks design environment and
the manufacturing database (EPICOR)
- Ensure all travelers and job routings accurately match the
manufacturing processes, notes, and design intent
- Ensure operational sheet for outside processes such as
heat-treat, coatings, plating, and NDT are appropriately specified
according to customer requirements.
- Create part families for common customer components.
- Administer and execute engineering changes requests.
- Peer review design files and technical data in accordance with
ASME standards and customer specifications. Requirements:
- 3+ years of design for manufacturing - preferably in an
aerospace or precision CNC machining environment - Swiss screw,
turning, multi-axis milling, and grinding. Must have knowledge of
how components are manufactured.
- Able to read and interpret customer engineering designs,
blueprints, specifications, and manufacturing methods.
- Expert SolidWorks user. Certified SolidWorks Professional
- Strong CAD fundamentals with understanding of design intent,
proper datum structure, subtractive modeling & use of ASME Y14.5
- Advanced CAD skills such as utilizing design tables,
configurations, derived configurations, advanced design techniques
& bi-directional parametric association between models &
- Experience with PLM/PDM solutions such SolidWorks Enterprise
PDM (or similar) is desired.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) database
software for entering Bills of Material (BOM) and part master data.
EPCIOR software a plus. Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk long distances through the building.
- Ability to push/pull up to 25 lbs.
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , SolidWorks Design Engineer, Engineering , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!