Full-Time Clinical Instructor - ADN
Company: Goodwin University
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: February 10, 2024
East Hartford, CT - East Hartford, CT
The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse student
population in a dynamic environment that aligns education,
commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare
students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning
and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we
challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully
realize their highest academic, professional, and personal
Position Description Summary/Purpose:
The Department of Nursing at Goodwin University is seeking a MSN
prepared individual to serve as a clinical instructor in our
associate degree of nursing program. This is a full-time position
(36 hours per week; (3) 12 hour clinicals) with a 3-semester
appointment for which there is a break at the end of each semester.
This position is slated to start May 2024.
You would be responsible to:
- Supervise students during their assignments in the clinical
(and lab/simulation) setting.
- Evaluate students' written clinical packet and other
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only
as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position.)
- Facilitate the clinical experience across the curriculum (3
clinical groups per semester)
- Review and provide weekly feedback to students on clinical
packets and other assignments as appropriate.
- Complete a midterm and final evaluation for each student per
- Assist with the clinical experience in the nursing skills and
- Support students and lab faculty as needed in the laboratory
- Collaborate with faculty to provide consistent and relevant
student learning experiences to meet the course and clinical
- Maintains standard of care with relation to safety protocols
across both the work clinical and laboratory environments.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team
Knowledge, Ability and Skill:
- Demonstrated commitment to promote diversity, equity, and
inclusion, and work in an environment in which all members of the
University community are treated with respect and dignity.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clinical partners,
colleagues and students.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education, Training and Experience:
- Prepared at the MSN level
- 3-5 years of nursing experience
- Teaching experience with RN students is preferred.
- An active license or eligibility for licensure as a registered
nurse in the State of Connecticut.
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between Goodwin University and employee. It is used as a guide for
personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
Keywords: Goodwin University, East Hartford , Full-Time Clinical Instructor - ADN, Education / Teaching , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!