Automotive Office Manager
Company: Gengras Motor Cars
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Category Accounting Manager Description: At Gengras "People
Come First" our employees and customers are the key to our success.
We train all our employees in every aspect of their jobs.Due to
multiple acquisitions we need to add to our accounting team. The
following is a list of duties for that role.
- Full charge balance sheet and income statement knowledge.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial
reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of all monthly
- Manage cash flow
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to
support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient
procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting
- Responds to inquiries from the Controller on a wide range of
financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Ensures a clean and timely yearend audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial
reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and
features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Support and manage your accounting team.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives
for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the
professional development of staff.
- Produce, distribute and interpret, as necessary, the Daily
Operating Control Report as well as other periodic management
- Responsible for managing and executing the monthly close and
preparation of the financial statements.
- Establish and maintain the operating procedures for the cashier
function ensuring that proper accountability and control is
maintained over all transactions handled.
- Establish and maintain a system to properly account for the
vehicle sales transaction to ensure that the receipt and
distribution of funds is accounted for accurately and
- Perform detailed account analysis and reconciliations.
- Calculate and submit monthly state Sales and Use tax return.Job
Type: Full-timePay: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayAbility to commute/relocate:
- East Hartford, CT 06108: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Preferred)Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: Gengras Motor Cars, East Hartford , Automotive Office Manager, Accounting, Auditing , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!